Monday 3 October 2016

September Favourites

How is that September over with already? I can't believe that's us officially in October - the month of Halloween - and now getting so close to Christmas. Quite a lot happened to me in September including starting back at University, and I ended up not buying as many new beauty products as I would have liked to considering most of my money was going on Uni things. But I do have some products I really loved over the course of the month, some old and some new.

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water - I just did a whole post dedicated to this product here, and if you read it you'll know that I'm absolutely loving it right now. It's very easy to use, and is great as it can be used to remove both eye and face makeup. It's really affordable and easy to buy - if you're from the UK - and I find it great on my sensitive skin as it's very gentle. This is definitely my favourite makeup remover I've used and is one of my favourite products of the moment.

Kiko Milano High Pigment Wet And Dry Eyeshadow in 54 - I already own two of these Kiko Milano eye shadows and I absolutely loved both of them. That's why, on a recent shopping trip, I decided to pop back in and buy myself another one. This shade is pretty similar to my other two as I feel Kiko Milano do pink and purple shades so well and I wanted a darker one this time. It's exactly what is says in the name - high pigment - and this grape colour looks absolutely beautiful on. For how great quality they are, these eyeshadows are so affordable and I even picked my Mum up two for her birthday.

MAC Lustre Lipstick in Syrup - Now I'm an absolute sucker for a MAC lipstick, and I honestly can't go into the shop without picking another one up - it's honestly a sickness. So when I went in to pick my friend up one for her birthday, I obviously had to get myself a new one too. This pinky shade looks beautiful on, even though it does apply slightly darker than it looks. It's very long lasting and feels very soft on the lips which I love. It isn't matte which is what I normally go for but it's a nice change and I've been wearing it constantly since I bought it. It's fast become one of my favourite MAC lipsticks of the moment.

Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette - This isn't a new product for me as I've had it for quite a while, but I seem to have used it loads over the month of September. Autumn and Winter always make me want to go for a more smoky eye and this palette is perfect for doing that. It's not the most afforable palette around, but I absolutely love all the sahdes and how long lasting they are as well as how pigmented they are. It may be an oldy, but it's a goody.

Tarte Showstopper Clay Palette - Up until buying this product, I had never actually owned anything from Tarte before so I was really excited to give it a go. The palette has a highlighter, bronzer, blusher and 6 different eyeshadows all in the one which is just perfect for me. They are all such great quality and are perfect shades for me, as well as being very pigmented. The highlighter is one of the best powdered highlighters I've tried and I'm currently wearing it everyday over my normal favourites, it's that good. This has became a holy grail product for me and It's definitely gave me a very good impression on Tarte as a brand.

Let me know what products you loved over the course of September and if you've been loving any of the ones I mentioned. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you have a great day!

See you guys soon x

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the Naked Smoky, it's one of my all time favourite eye palettes!

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO many beautiful favorites :D I bought that smokey palette this summer but haven't used it yet, but you're right, now is the time for a smokey eye! That kiko eyeshadow looks gorgeous. Whenever I go into Kiko I leave empty handed because I'm so overwhelmed by all the options. I'll have to remember this line the next time I'm there!

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the naked palettes! The tarte palette looks amazing, I'll have to invest I think lol! I love kiko eyeshadows too! Great post :) Rachel xxx
    www.rachelxblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading monthly fave posts! I've never had an urban decay palette but I REALLY want to! You've just tempted me even more xx

    www.grab-your-camera.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete