Wednesday 5 October 2016

Meet The Beauty Blogger: The Blonde Cafe



Today's post is part 7 - how are we already on part 7? - of my Meet The Beauty Blogger series, where we'll be meeting the lovely Summer Coleman and her blog, The Blonde Cafe.S he's currently doing Blogtober where she'll be posting every day, so if you've never read her blog before, now is definitely the time to start. 

What got you into blogging? I'ts a pretty stereotypical answer here, but I've been reading blogs and watching vloggers for a while now. Articles on blogs are everywhere now so it's pretty much impossible to miss them in one form or another! I've adored writing ever since I was really young and used to write mini novels, poems, stories and journaled endlessly. So It was inevitable that I would eventually start my own. 
How did you decide to blog beauty? I've always had an interest in various different segments of beauty - originally it was with skincare (I used to have awful problem skin) and then after reading and watching a load of tutorials I started getting into make up and so on until I felt confident enough to blog about it - and that's my aim in the end, to make people feel confident, whether that is with a product, its application or within themselves! 

How long have you been blogging for? In terms of beauty blogging and this blog in particular I've actually only been involved since July. However, I have helped with the setting up and editing of Pie Magazine (an online magazine/blog for my university) and I've set up art based blogs in the past to do with various festivals and events! 

What's your biggest blogging achievement so far? I don't like to aim for milestones - I'm more of a progress is progress type of person (it's just personal preference!) but I would have to say it would just be having the confidence to actually set up and post my first ever post - it takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there and sometimes it can be pretty scary! 
What post that you've written are you most proud of? It would either have to be my Five Year Plan (https://theblondecafe.wordpress.com/2016/08/10/my-five-year-plangoals/) post, or my Urban Outfitters on a Budget (https://theblondecafe.wordpress.com/2016/08/05/urban-outfitters-bedroom-on-a-budget-dupes/) post. The plan took a long time to decide (even though it's not specific) and it was something that I found hard to put into words, which I think you can tell by reading it! But I really like how it turned out and the photography is some of my favourite! The Urban Outfitters on a Budget post took a lot of research, and I feel like the dupes I found were pretty accurate and for sometimes less than half the price! I had a really good response to this post as well - a lot of people messaged me saying how helpful they found it - and in the end that is the goal! 
What's your current favourite beauty product? I'm in love with No7's Airbrush Away Pore Minimizing Primer. I was using Benefit's Porefessional Primer, but the No7 one is a really good dupe and for just £16 it's really not a pocket burning price! It feels really silky on your skin and the foundation just glides on beautifully afterwards. I would definitely recommend it to anyone with problem pores.

What on item (beauty/skincare) could you not live without? Just ONE?! I would probably have to say the primer I literally just raved about. It's just perfect and I love wearing it on those days where you just want to pop to the shop and can't be bothered to put on your foundation but you can't stand bare face!

Who's your favourite blogger of the moment? I adore Rhianna @ www.robowecop.com she's just got a really unique and personable voice and she comes across as very genuine and honest!

Are you happy with where your blog is right now? I've only just began my journey as a blogger I really hope to grow this blog and get to meet new friends along the way (too cheesy?) I am happy with where I am at this moment in time and I cant wait to see what the future holds!

What's your biggest goal for the future of your blog? I would love to have a decent size following by the end of the year - but I worry that if I put a number on it I might jinx it. I would love to have around about 5k followers by the end of this year, but I'm not sure exactly how realistic that is!



Make sure you go and check out Summer's blog here and follow her over on Twitter here.
I hope you've enjoyed reading this post and all the other posts in my Meet The Beauty Blogger series, and of course let me know if you want to get involved yourself. Thank you for reading and enjoy your day!

See you guys soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment