Monday 18 July 2016

19 Things I've Learnt by 19

I turned 19 back in May, and even though it may seem like an unimportant age to most people, it was a big deal to me. I was no longer 18 but not yet in my twenties, and it was the start of my last year as a teenager. I love being a teenager, and the idea of getting older and being a 'proper adult' really does scare me. I feel like I've learnt so much about myself and life in the past few years, especially over the past year with starting University, so I thought todays post could be the 19 things I've learnt by the age of 19.

1. To do want you want to do, wear what you want to wear, say what you want to say, and don't care what others think about it or if it's 'unfashionable'.
2. To try and push yourself to do the things you really want to do, even though it might make you feel anxious. 
3. To try and stay in contact with the people who really make you happy, even if they don't live near you.
4. And remove the people from your life who bring you down.
5. That you shouldn't take yourself - or life - too seriously.
6. That if you find something you love and are really passionate about, don't give it up, no matter what other people might say.
7. That if you're going through a tough time, think to yourself "will this matter in a years time?" If not, it's not something to worry yourself about. 
8. To always speak up for yourself.
9. To spend time with your family members - you never know when they could be gone.
10. To always take time for yourself.
11. That you shouln't be afraid to say "Hi" to the person next to you on your first day of Uni/College/Work.
12. To not be afraid to say "no thanks" to something you don't want to do, just to save someones feelings.
13. That not everyone has the same heart as you - others may not do for you as you do for them.
14. That you aren't weak if you ask for help.
15. That everyone has their down days - it's completely normal.
16. To always go with your instincts.
17. That life's too short not to eat your favourite foods.
18. To not live your life with regrets - just move on.
19. That life's too short not to have a bit of fun!

There's plently of more things I've learned in my 19 years of life so far, but therese are the ones I've found to be the most important. Let me know what life lessons you've learned, or if you agree with any of the ones I've mentioned. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you all have a great day!

See you guys soon x

5 comments:

  1. Completely agree with all of these.
    Alicia x
    http://bambidreaming.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned so much in my first year of university as well, I felt like I really grew up during that time, and now that I've graduated I feel like a real adult! Aaaah! I couldn't agree more with all of your points, especailly that you aren't weak if you ask for help. Recognising that you need help and that you are deserving of it is really important - you can't do everyhing alone! Number 18 is especially important to me as well, it's good to let go! Thanks for writing this post, it really spoke to me!

    Abbey ✨ www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Abbey, this comment has really made my day! 😘

      Delete
  3. I agree with all of these posts it certainly took me a lot longer to realise these some of these! I've only become opening okay with cutting toxic people out of my life this year and I'm almost 21. I also found that my first year of university taught me so much about myself and how other people can be too! I also think that's it's really important everyone having down days - because it makes you recognise you're not the only person have a rough day/ time! Lovely post X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has really perked me up this morning, thank you so much Kayleigh xx

      Delete