Wednesday 19 October 2016

Meet The Beauty Blogger: Annmarie Reddie

Time for Part 9 of my Meet The Beauty Blogger series where we'll be meeting Annmarie Reddie. She writes beauty bargains and fashion finds, and also has another called Annie's blog where she writes about more personal things about her family.

What got you into blogging? I first got in to blogging completely by accident.  I thought I could become the next Charlotte Tilsbury and tried to open an online make up store called mums beauty club.  I bought make up from the whole sellers and put it up on my store.  Unfortunatley the competition was fierce and my little store had no chance in competing with the much bigger companies and their amazing campaigns and promotions.  Along with the store I also had a blog where I would write my own reviews about the products I was selling, I done polls on different make up related topics, and I also asked what very little followers I had what they would like to see in the store and to give their personal opinion on different brands.  I found that I loved it and being able to talk/write about something I was passionate about was a real escape for me, usually I would be sat discussing what peppa pig got up to on todays episode of peppa pig with my kids.

How did you decide to blog beauty? I have always loved make up, I used to sit in front of the mirror trying to perfect new techniques I had read about in magazines.  I had a talent for make up and when I was only 18 done make up for a wedding party including the brides. So I had some knowledge with make up that I loved sharing with others.  The only other passion in my life is my family.

How long have you been blogging for? I have had my blog for only a little over a year and a half, so I am still a newbie.

What's your biggest blogging achievement so far? Anything I get asked to do that is related to my blog I see as an achievement.  I have done product reviews where I have only been approached because they read my blog.  I am being featured in Lylia Roses media links page. And of course this interview.  I also love being sent the odd freebie here and there form small business's, individuals that have read my blog and liked it.

What post's have you written that you are most proud of? I am proud of a few, but one that I enjoyed doing the most as well as enjoyed researching as my findings were shocking was the "Counterfeit make up and the dangers" I actually was thinking of a topic to pitch as guest blog post, and instead of doing a product review I wanted to do something that people cared about.  So I came up with this topic after reading a short article about jeffree stars products being copied.  The more research I did the more shocked, worried and glad I was that I choose this topic so I could warn people just like myself of the dangers. I also liked doing a personal one called "Codys first day in P2 and the wobbly tooth" about the struggles of getting 5 year old back in to the early morning of the school routine and her wobbly tooth".  The post I think that is most beneficial to my followers is the big brand current deals posts that I do on beauty bargains and fashion finds.

What's your current favourite beauty product? (Oh Erin you do ask the most difficult questions) This has to be most difficult question so far.  My favoutite product right now has to be Benefit they're real mascara, it is the holy grail of all mascara's. I am also really liking Models Co Cheek and lip stain in peach.

What on item (beauty/skincare) could you not live without? I could not live without in transit camera close-up Mask, moisturiser and primer in one.  It is said to be one of Victoria Beckhams  favourite beauty products. Well I don't know about Vicky but I love it.

Who is your favourite blogger at the moment? My favourite beauty blogger at the moment is Mrs Strawberry blonde, she is a self confessed beauty drugstore addict with awesome nail of the day tutorials and picks and also Gemma Emily Makeup, Sorry Erin I couldn't limit myself to just one.

Are you happy with where your blog is right now? I am loving where my blog is right now, it is getting some recognition which is amazing, especially since I started off with no thought on where blogging may lead.

What's your biggest goal for the future of your blog? To be featured in a by a big brand, and to get as many people possible reading my blog. And to be in a position to help other bloggers like myself get to where the want to be.

You can check out Annmarie's Twitter here, her Instagram here and you can check out her blog here.

Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

See you guys soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment