Thursday 27 October 2016

Halloween Makeup Haul

Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year and I absolutely love dressing up. I've dressed up every year since I was young, and one of my favourite things to do is make my own costumes. I don't necessarily mean sewing it together, but making it up myself instead of just buying a pre-bought one. And one of the other main things I love is doing the makeup. The past few years, my outfits have required a lot of makeup, normally dark and gory, but this year the makeup I'll be doing is a bit different. I am going to two seperate events this year and have two seperate costumes, but my second costume is a skeleton which isn't makeup but more facepaint. My main costume this year though is a Unicorn, which I'm really excited about. Mostly because I've seen so many cool makeup ideas for it on Pinterest that I'm really excited to try and recreate. That's why I went into my local Boots and picked up a few pieces to help me create my perfect unicorn look.

NYX Vivid Brights Eyeliner in Vivid Petal - To create the look I have in mind, I needed pink, purple and blue coloured products. One of the main things I knew I needed was a bright coloured eyeliner, which is harder to find than you think, but NYX has a lot of really great bright coloured products just now. I saw their range of Vivid Brights Eyeliners and decided the best colour for my look would be the pastel pink shade of Vivid Petal. The colour of this eyeliner is exactly how it looks on the box and applies so easily, which I didn't think it would as the tip is quite long and I'm not used to that. I've seen some reviews saying it applies transparent but I'd have to disagree, as when I've tried it out it's looked very pigmented and bold. It's very affordable for a product I doubt I'll use much after Halloween, although you never know, so I'm really happy with this product overall.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Eletric Blue - I've seen this as such a multi-use product - for eyes, lips, cheeks - everything. I thought this would be great for both my eyes and the side of my face to create the look I have in mind. It's so smooth to apply and easy to use, especially as it's a jumbo pencil so has a large applicator. This product is extremely pigmented which I'm so happy about as that's exactly what I need, and it has a slight sparkle to it which is perfect. It's such a great price for the quality of it, and I'm really excited to give this a go.

Seventeen Eye Shadow in Magenta - The final thing I needed to complete my look was a dark pink matte eyesahdow. I own quite a few light pink matte shades and shimmer dark pink ones, but none like this. It's exactly what I was looking for: highly pigmented, easy to apply and stays on well. This was extremely affordable for how good it is, and is a product I can see myself using after Halloween.

These products, along with other eyeshadows and lipsticks, will hopefully create the unicorn look I have in mind. Let me know if you're dressing up this year, and I hope you all have a great Halloween!

See you guys soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment