Wednesday 2 November 2016

Is It Worth The Hype?: Too Faced Better Than Sex

This is a product I didn't know too much about, but had seen a lot of hype and positive reviews on it. Too Faced is a brand I'm relatively new to so was very excited to give it a try. When I was in a market for a new mascara a couple of months ago, this mascara was recommended to me and I knew I had to buy it. It may not be the most affordable mascara around, but it's definitely worth the price.

There isn't a Too Faced counter anywhere near me, so I had to order this for click & collect which means I never actually saw the product until after I'd bought it. The first thing I have to say about it is I absolutely love the packaging. Pink is one of my favourite colours of the moment and I think that makes it look so elegant. I love how the packaging feels must sturdier than most other mascaras which means the actually product is very unlikely to get damaged.

The shape of the brush is slightly different than most other brushes as it has a slight dip in the middle - an hourglass shape according to Too Faced. This honestly makes application SO easy and I rarely every smudge it or get it on my eyelid which I'm usually pretty guilty of. It also stops my lashes clumping together which is something else that normally happens to me, yet they still look thick and 'well applied'. The packaging says you need 3 coats to give you extremely thick, intense and voluminous lashes and I'd totally agree with that - that's normally how many I apply for my desired look. This mascara is extremely black in colour, which I absolutely love, and I find very little negative things to say about the actual application and look this product gives.

My only negative comment would be that it's stated as being all day wear, but I find it to wear off a bit by the time I get home. It doesn't wear off completely, but it definitely isn't as voluminous as what it was when it was first applied, which is something I have found in other mascaras. This is the only thing I've found that's I've disliked about this product, and it's something quite small to me - I can easily re-apply at some point during the day.

Overall, I've really been enjoying using this product. It looks great, applies easily and creates the exact look I want. So, is it worth they hype? It may not be the cheapest mascara around, but yes, it's definitely worth the hype.

Let me know if you've used this product before and what your opinions on it are. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you guys all have a great day!

See you guys soon x

2 comments:

  1. I've heard some really mixed reviews about this product, I have a miniature of it but I've never really got round to trying it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the process of looking for a new mascara, I've just finished theYounique one and quite frankly it was rubbish (but I had to stick with it as it was a bit out of my price range!)
    I've heard that Too Faced is a good brand so may have to fork out and try it!
    Thanks for the review! X

    ReplyDelete