Sunday 25 September 2016

My Autumn Must-Haves

Autumn is one of my favourite times of the year; the colder nights, warm cosy jumpers and of course, Halloween. I love all the things that this time of the year brings, and the change in our daily routines. I'm the kind of person that's buying a Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino and hanging the Halloween bunting as soon as it hits September. There are some things I find absolutely essential for the Autumn months so that's why todays post is my Autumn must-haves.

Autumn scented candles

One of the first things I do when it hits September is go out and buy myself some more Autumn scnted candles. I'm the kind of person that preferes different scents at different times of the year, and I definitely find deeper and richer smells make the colder months feel much more cosier. I'm currently loving Yankee Candle's Autumn Night and Amber Moon and will definitely have them buring over the next few months.

Dark lips

I feel like Autumn is the perfect time to be wearing dark purple and berry toned lipsticks. My favourites are MAC's Smoked Purple and Viva Glam III as I feel like they suit my skin tone really well and are so easy to wear. And if you don't own any dark toned lippy's, now's the perfect time to treat yourself to one (you have my permission). 

Halloween movies

This is an absolute 'don't argue me' essential for Autumn. As soon as September starts, I get into the Halloween spirit and have Hocus Pocus on repeat till November. I have a list this year of all the Halloween movies I need to watch before October 31st - and it's a pretty big list - so I'm really excited to make my way through them. And don't even ask me what my favourite Halloween movie is because I honestly couldn't pick just one.

Warm drinks

I drink warm drinks all year round and I'm a bit of a caffeine addict, but colder months make my need for warm drinks sky rocket. I spend most of my time in Starbucks when I'm at University, so find myself drinking 3 Pumpkin Spice Lattes a day (ok maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I do drink a lot of them). Warm drinks not only heat you up, but make you feel so cosy. And if you're not really into caffeinated drinks, hot chocolate is always great at this time of the year too.

Cosy jumpers

At Autumn and Winter, I feel like I'm never out of my oversized jumpers because they're so damn cosy. Topshop has some really good ones and quite a lot of mine are from there, as well as a few being from River Island a few years back. My Autumn wardrobe this year will mainy consist of big wooly jumpers, scarves, thick tights and fluffy socks under boots (my feet are always cold and I don't know why).

Let me know what your Autumn must-haves are and if you agree with mines. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

See you guys soon x

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love pumpkin spice lattes and I wish my uni had a Starbucks! Smoked purple is also one of my favourite colours X

    ReplyDelete