Thursday 22 September 2016

Meet The Beauty Blogger: Nawael Khelil



It's now time for another instalement of my Meet The Beauty Blogger series. This time, we'll be getting to know the lovely Nawael Khelil a little bit more. I didn't know Nawael or her blog well before I started this series, so this is another example of finding beauty bloggers I never would've without this blog series.
What got you into blogging?  It took me a few years to actually start blogging. Many of my friends were asking me for beauty and fashion advice or information, telling me I should start a blog. But I thought nobody would care and that my opinion and knowledge weren’t so valuable. I eventually created a URL about a year ago, but I really got into blogging early 2016, when I realized how helpful it was for me to write down the little things I know, or how fun it was to share my passion with other girls.

How did you decide to blog beauty? With this blog, I want to share about my personal style, beauty discoveries and also about people that inspire me. I first intended to create a fashion blog though. But as I was working as a beauty editor in Seoul, I learned so many interesting beauty hacks and I developed a fascinating relationship with everything beauty, especially technique wise. I just find it amazing. I am not makeup bloggers (I think I’ve done like one makeup look) but I like to write about skincare, like how fermented cosmetics can save your life, or how to deal with an aloe vera allergy in today’s beauty industry when every product is upgrades with aloe extracts, etc.  



How long have you been blogging for? I started my blog around mid 2015 but really got into it at the beginning of this year. My blog has been slowly taking off lately, but I’m still working on building something reliable and time-worthy for my readers.

What's your biggest blogging achievemnet so far? I don’t have a lot of exposure yet, not many followers, Facebook fans or subscribers, but it feels incredibly rewarding when someone leaves a comment saying that my post helped them figure something out.

What posy that you've written are you most proud of? I did an interview of a friend of mine who is a model, and that’s probably my favorite post so far. Not because she’s a model, but because her story is very inspiring. She was born Iranian but left for Australia with her family, lived in South Korea and majored in crafted arts. We talked multicultural upbringing, beauty standards around the globe, gender equality and a lot of other things. This is definitely my richest post.

What's your current favourite beauty product? Now that’s a tough question. I have a favorite mask pack, it’s Innisfree’s It’s Real Squeeze Green Tea mask pack. Best soothing and moisturizing quickie ever. It has a nice, very subtle scent, is made of natural ingredients. There is also a light serum by Sephora, which is a Purity Booster enriched in zinc – it cleans and clears the skin from pimples and little impurities within two weeks.

What one item (beauty/skincare) could you not live without? BB cream, definitely a good BB Cream. I don’t have the perfectly smooth and even skin I wish I had, hence I can hardly go out with a layer (however thin) of a good coverage BB cream. I currently use Kanebo’s Media, one of the best BB I ever tried (and I bought it randomly in a drugstore in Omura, Nagasaki, when I ran out of my LaNeige cushion).

Who's your favourite blogger of the moment? My favorite blogger has been Shini Park from Park and Cube, for a very long time. It’s more fashion and lifestyle related that beauty, but her blog is gold. Inspiring and extremely well-curated, her editorials are just perfect. What I love the most about her style is that she proves how perfectly classy and chill can mingle, and that’s a kind of philosophy that I try to live by.

Are you happy with where your blog is right now? I am trying to grow a bigger audience and, for it, to build a more solid foundation for my blog. I am happy as I notice that I have more and more readers every week, and this totally cheers me up. I would like to write more regularly, too, I need to really put inspiration into words and create some nice contents. Ultimately, I’d like to work with brands that I like and collaborate with other beauty, fashion and lifestyle bloggers too.

What's your biggest goal for the future of your blog? I don’t know if I can say it’s my biggest goal, but I hope I can have a professional approach on my blog in the near future. I’d like it to be a part of my career later, as I major in fashion marketing. I have to work harder, gather many more ideas to make it stand out and create a real relationship with my readers. Connecting with my audience will obviously be a big part of my blogging plan, and I hope I can meet a lot of different people on this adventure.
If you want to find out a little bit more about Nawael and her blog, you can follow her on Twitter here and Instagram here, check out her Facebook here. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you have a great day!

See you guys soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment