Wednesday 14 September 2016

Meet The Beauty Blogger: Georgia Knight

I can't believe this is already part 5 of my blogger series - I feel like I've not long started it. I've really enjoyed posting these and you seem to like reading them too which I'm really happy about. Today's instalment will be all about the lovely Georgia Knight and her blog which is definitely worth checking out and giving a follow.

What got you into blogging? Writing comes naturally to me and during high school I decided to translate my diaries and journals into an online blog. I would spend most evenings blogging but years later after neglecting my blog for a while I decided to start a new one just before starting my Journalism studies. I wanted to prove that I had a keen interest in Journalism and alongside this I wanted to improve my writing skills, I thought starting a new blog would be the best way to translate that.

How did you decide to blog beauty? I sort of fell into beauty blogging as I found myself writing reviews on products I had recently purchased and as I got older my interest in fashion and beauty started to increase. My beauty blogging has developed over the years and I have combined it with lifestyle, personal snippets of my life and and topics I have a general interest.


How long have you been blogging for? 
I have been blogging on and off for 7 years now! I had times in my life when I didn't feel like public blogging and decided to made my blog a private affair and times when I stopped due to focusing on my education and work life. I created a new blog two years ago which is the one I have currently and I couldn't imagine not blogging now, it has become a part of my life. 

What's your biggest blogging achievemnet so far? I think maintaining my blog in itself is a huge achievement for me and I believe engagement is more important than your blogs following. Knowing that one person out there has read my blog and enjoyed it and wants to continue reading my content gives me great satisfaction. 

What post that you've written are you most proud of? Picking the post I am most proud of is so hard for me, I love the very first introductory post I did but I also am proud of the posts abut my experiences with mental health and domestic abuse. It's hugely important for me to be an honest blogger and not just write lighthearted content about my favourite beauty products, but also produce content that is deep-rooted and about the issues that we can all face. I think any blog is an important platform and we should all use it to our advantage and write genuine posts that may be able to help others and break the stigmas we currently face.


What's your current favourite beauty product? My current favourite beauty product is the Sleek solstice highlighter palette. It is such a pigmented product that is versatile and compact and I highly recommend it if you are looking for an affordable and long-lasting highlight!


What one item (beauty/skincare) could you not live without? I could not live without my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in dark brown, it is a must-have for me, I take it everywhere!


Who's your favourite blogger of the moment? My favourite blogger at the moment is Helen Anderson! I love her unique style and find her blogs and vlogs highly entertaining and easy to relate to.


Are you happy with where your blog is right now? I'm so happy with my blog and how much it has grown, there is always something to improve on but I have many exciting plans and ideas for the future and I can't wait to share them with everyone. 


What's your biggest goal for the future of your blog? My goal is to keep on publishing creative content, grow my following and my career in Journalism. 


If you want to check out Georgia and her blog, which I definitely think you should, you can find her blog here. You can also go follow her on Twitter here and her Instagram here.

I hope you guys are still enjoying this series, and as always, let me know if you want to take part in it. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

See you guys soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment