Tuesday 6 September 2016

Confessions Of A Beauty Blogger

I absolutely love blogging, especially blogging beauty. It was my main love and the reason I got into blogging in the first place. Being a blogger isn't a walk in the park like many people think it is - post a few times a month, get free samples and get paid for doing hardly any work. WRONG. Blogging, no matter what genre or niche, is very hard work and requires a lot of time and effort if you want to do it right. That's why todays post is going to be some confessions I have about being a beauty blogger - both good and bad - some you may or may not agree with.

I'm no makeup expert

I feel like a lot of people think beauty bloggers are amazing at doing makeup. To be fair, quite a lot are, but I for one are not one of them. I'm not saying I'm bad at doing makeup - I mean, I know what I'm doing. I'm just not amazing - being a makeup artist is definitely not going to be my future job.

Writing reviews takes A LOT of time

Writing beauty reviews is one of the main type of blog posts you'll see on my blog, so I feel like I'm constantly writing them. I love sharing my opinions on the products I've been using, and I always want to make sure they're 100% honest. I think a lot of people think it's easy just to write a quick review and post it without a lot of thought, but that's one thing I think you really can't do as a beauty blogger. If I'm writing a review I know my readers will read and take advice from, I want it to be well thought out. This means I really need to make sure I've used the product and have an accurate opinion on it - using it once doesn't count. 

You can beauty blog on a budget

To many people, to be a beauty blogger you need a lot of money to go out and buy high end products and new releases all the time. I completely disagree with this. I'm a student who doesn't have the biggest budget in the world to spend on beauty products, so I make sure I buy ones I definitely want and ones that are also affordable. You definitely don't need a lot of money to beauty blog well in my opinion.

Comparing your blog to others gets you nowhere

When I started out blogging, I definitely compared my posts to ones by bloggers who had been in the game a lot longer than me. This made me feel like my blog posts weren't as good as theirs, but really mines were just different. I have a completely different writing style to other bloggers - every blogger has different ideas about what their blog is about and what they want to write. I quickly realised that comparing myself to others was so pointless and really didn't help me at all, and it may be really hard to not do it, but it does help you in the long run.

If you want to take a break, take a break

I went through a phase recently were I just needed a break from my blog and the blogging world. I felt like I was constantly writing and taking photos, and I really needed some time away. I think that if you feel like this, it's important you do step away from your blog for a while. I did feel guilty and that I wasn't a good blogger for not posting for a few days, but I realised that was totally wrong. If anything, it's made me a better blogger for doing it - I would've ended up writing posts when my heart really wasn't in it. 

It's harder than it looks

This is my main confession - being a beauty blogger is a lot harder than it looks. As I said before, people think it's easy to churn out blog posts and reviews. when it's really not. It takes a lot of time, energy, hard work and determination to do this and do it well. I think it definitely deserves more appreciation.

Let me know if you agree with any of my confessions, or what your confessions would be. Thank you so much for reading my blog post and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

See you guys soon x

3 comments:

  1. These are all completely true! Especially blogging on a budget and reviews take so long, especially with trying the product etc. I always try to use the product for two weeks too before reviewing X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a great advice post, thank you for sharing! I have just written my first ever makeup review to go on my blog and it is easily the most time consuming post I've ever done! The photography took ages and so did all the swatching and writing up the post! I admire bloggers like you who blog about beauty 24/7, it's so much work 🙊

    Abbey ✨ www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! All the best!
    bestshop

    ReplyDelete