Sunday 4 September 2016

August Favourites

I say this every month, but I honestly can't believe that's August over with and the start of September - this year is going far too fast. I bought quite a few bits and pieces over the course of August, many of which I've fell in love with. I've also been really loving products I've had for quite a while as I seem to go through phases of reusing certain things. So here are all the things I've really loved using over the course of August.

Makeup

Morphe 35D eyeshadow palette - I've had this palette for quite a while now and have already posted my first impressions and a review post on it, so you should already know how much I love this. The fact that it has 35 different shades in it and it's so affordable is one of the biggest positives about this product. The shades are all amazingly pigmented and last me a really long time which I love, and I'm still in the market for another palette from Morphe. It's one of my go-to products of the moment and has been for a long time, but especially during August. It's one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes that I own and that's why it's made it onto my favourites post.

Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara - I was recently on the lookout for a new mascara, and after the lovely Kara from Spread The Sparkle suggested this product, I decided I had to buy it. There's been quite a lot of hype and postive reviews on this mascara so I was really excited to give it a try. It's also the first thing I've ever bought from Too Faced - where have I been? - and I've really been loving it. It leaves my lashes looking massive and defined which is always what I look for, and yet they don't end up all clumpy. I'll be posting a full review of this product soon though, so keep your eyes pealed for that. 

Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray - Setting sprays are things I really rely on nowadays, and Urban Decay do the best ones in my opinion. I did have the De-Slick one which I loved but when it ran out, I decided to give the All Nighter one a try this time. Wearing this, my makeup doesn't budge in the slightest and it lasts me all day. Even in harsh weather, even when I cry, I find my eye makeup still looks in perfect condition. I can't imagine not having an Urban Decay setting spray in my life anymore, and I think that All Nighter is my favourite of the two.

Jeffree Star liquid lipstick in Mannequin - I'm not even going to beat around the bush - this lipstick is one of my favourite liquid lipsticks I own. The consitency is amazing and doesn't dry out my lips at all, but actually leaves them feeling really smooth. The nudey colour is one of my favourite shades of the moment and I find myself wearing this mostly every day. It's my go-to lipstick and I absolutely love it right now and have done over the month of August.

Real Techniques Foundation Brush - On a recent trip to Boots, I 'accidentally' picked up this Real Techniques brush. I actually was in the market for a new foundation brush as my current one was getting a bit old and disgusting, so picked this one up. I love the quality of this brush for the price of it and it applies my foundation so well. I had never used a Real Techniques brush before so I'm really looking forward to picking up some more in the future. I love the shape of the bristles and how eay it is to use - I've really been loving it.

Random Favourites

RuPauls Drag Race - I only just discovered this gem of a TV show recently but god, do I love it. RuPauls reality TV show on finding Americas Next Drag Superstar is so addictive and I haven't been able to stop watching it all month. It's funny, bitchy, exciting and everything I look for in reality TV. If you haven't seen it before, I really urge you to give it a watch.

Lazy Oaf - Lazy Oaf is a clothing brand whose products I've really been living for this past month. Everything they produce is totally down my alley, even though I know it's not to everyones taste, and I have so many things I'm excited to buy and wear coming into Autumn. 

Let me know what your favourites have been this month, or if you've been enjoying any of the things I've mentioned. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you all have a wonderful September!

See you guys soon x

4 comments:

  1. Love a classic favourites post!! That mascara is next on my list to try now hahah!

    Toni xo

    tonigeorgiaxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading a favourites and haven't tried any of these so I definitely will!

    -Kimberleyjessica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard really good things about the better than sex mascara! I also love mannequin to its such a beautiful colour X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so uncool because I've not used any of these products. I do use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush (I think that's what it's called) for foundation because I love a really dense brush.
    I need to get into Ru Paul's Drag Race. Some of my friends were getting on at me the other day because I'm a terrible lesbian by not watching it apparently.
    Great post!!
    Vicky (sirvikalot.wordpress.com/blog)

    ReplyDelete