Monday 15 August 2016

High Street vs High End: Cream Contour Kits

NYX Cream Highlight & Contour Palette - £12
Anastasia Bevery Hills Pro Series Contour Cream Kit - £39

Now I'm not a makeup artist or amazing at applying my makeup, but one thing I do love to do is try contouring. I do contour daily using my powder bronzers and highlighters, but when I'm going out I like to use contour kits. I do like powder kits but I though cream ones would be easier to use and blend. That's why I picked up these two: the Anastasia Beverly Hills one and the NYX one.

High Street - I've became such a fan of NYX recently, especially their Soft Matte Lip Creams. Since I'd only ever bought lip products from them before, I decided I should try one of their other products so purchased this cream contour kit. I already had my ABH one, but since that one costs quite a bit and I use a lot when I contour, I wanted a more affordable one. The NYX one doesn't have as many shades to alternate between, but I don't use all the ABH shades every time anyway. I do have to say that I bought this in Deep, not realising how dark it was when I really should have picked Light. The first time I tried this out, I have to be honest, I really didn't like it. I though the consistency wasn't creamy enough and it felt like I was smearing mud on my face when I used the darker shade. I found them really hard to blend because of this, and they ended up looking very sparkly on my face which isn't what I was wanting. I've used it a few times since and have found them easier to use, but I'm honestly not a fan. I'm so disappointed because I'm such a fan of NYX and really wanted to like it, but I just haven't. I wish I'd just went for the powder version as it looks much better than this one, but I guess you live and you learn.

High End - When I bought my ABH cream contour kit, I hadn't bought anything from the brand before - I have done since though. I had heard so many great reviews on the product so when I decided to go for a cream contour kit, I knew I had to buy this one. It is a bit more costly than other kits but I wanted something that was good quality that I could wear when I was going out. I was honestly so excited when I finally bought it because it was something that had been on my wishlist for so long. And I have to be honest, I haven't been disappointed in it. This product was already featured in my June Favourites post here becuase I loved it as soon as I tried it. The consistency of the creams is just amazing and they blend so easily and beautifuly when you apply them. The colours match my skin really well and I find they look so professional when they've all been blended - and I'm definitely no pro at makeup. I've loved how easy to use this kit is and how great quality they are. You can tell by the photos this product has definitely been well used - I honestly can't wait to use it when I'm going out. If you're in the market for a new beauty buy or specifically a contour kit, I'd highly recommend this.



After reading this post, my answer to 'high street vs high end' can't really be a surprise. Even though I love NYX and high street products, I was so disappointed by this product and had really wanted to like it. The ABH one is great and is definitely one of my favourite beauty products right now, so in the battle of the cream contour kits, high end wins for me.

Let me know if you've used either of these product and what your opinions on them are. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

See you guys soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment