Wednesday 17 August 2016

Meet The Beauty Blogger: Miss Cosmetic Blogger

I absolutely love blogging and meeting new bloggers, especially beauty bloggers like myself. That's why I decided to start a new series called Meet The Beauty Blogger, so not only can I get to know more beauty bloggers but you can too. I'm so excited to start this series and share the blogs of some really amazing people. Todays first post is about Beth, better known as MissCosmeticBlogger. I really enjoy reading her posts and was so happy that she wanted to get involved in this series. I've followed her on Twitter for quite a while and she's just so lovely.

What got you into blogging? I started blogging because I used to watch loads of YouTube and some of them had blogs. I couldn't do YT when I was first watching as I had no camera or confidence so decided a written version would be more me. 

How did you decide to blog beauty? I chose beauty as I found a love for makeup. I wanted to share my love with other people. And also my friends were really bored of listening to me drone on about the latest palette or makeup look I wanted to try. (To be honest I don't blame them, I did talk about makeup at least 90% of the time and as people who weren't as passionate as makeup as I would have found me boring. However, a couple of times when I was practising FX makeup I would send them snapchats which slightly scared them... which also might have been why they got bored.)

How long have you been blogging for? I think I've been blogging since around the end of 2012, my posts say otherwise as a few of my very first posts were embarrassingly bad. I properly started blogging in 2014 really.

What's your biggest blogging achievement so far? This was a difficult one for me. But I have to say that probably working with the likes of Nickelodeon to promote a show was pretty amazing. That and making blogger friends, I love the community of bloggers it is such an achievement for all bloggers, definitely not just me! Oh and furthering my makeup skills, I am so much better than I was.

What post that you've written are you most proud of? I've written quite a few posts now but simply due to positive response I am really proud of my oil pulling post. It is my most viewed and commented post and it still gets views even after a year.

What's your current favourite beauty product? Current beauty product would probably have to be my Gwen Stefani eyeshadow palette. I use it almost every day as it has so many colours to play around with. It wasn't cheap but it was such a good purchase.

What one item (beauty/skincare) could you not live without? I love my mascara, my favourite being Soap&Glory's Thick & Fast. If I'm having a no makeup day it's likely that I will still be wearing mascara as it makes you look more awake.

Who's your favourite blogger of the moment? My favourite blogger at the moment is probably Cole from ColeoftheBall. I love her YT and of course her blog!

Are you happy with where your blog is right now? I am definitely happy with my layout right now but I think there are aspects of my blogging I can improve. My photography isn't the greatest however, I recently bought myself a proper camera, so I should be able to up my game a little at least.

What's your biggest goal for the future of your blog? Biggest goal has to be starting a YT channel. Now I have my camera I feel like I can start soon, I'm hoping halloween as that is my favourite time of year for makeup! I already know I am going to do a 'twoface' Batman tutorial so if you like gore my channel may be for you!

Make sure you go check out Beth's blog here and her Youtube channel here. You shoud also give her Twitter a follow here - she's definitely worth a follow.

I hope you guys like the idea of this series, so let me know your opinions or if you want to get involved yourself. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

See you guys soon x

3 comments:

  1. Love this. And I especially love to see bloggers supporting each other. Its lovely. An amazing interview. I am now off to check out Beths blog. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love posts like this supporting other bloggers! It's so nice to get to know more about people and there blog successes X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Post! Thank you so much for sharing this pretty post, it was so good to read and useful to improve my knowledge as updated one, keep blogging…dental clinic near me

    ReplyDelete