Wednesday 27 July 2016

Orly Matte Topcoat

If you've read my blog before, you'll know I love doing my nails. OPI is probably my favourite brand of polishes and I own well over 60 of their products. Right now though, I've really been loving the idea of having matte nails but don't actually own any matte nail polishes. Considering how much money I'd spent on nail polishes already, I wasn't really feeling like going out and buying all my favourite colours in matte. That's why I was really excited to find out that this product existed for the cost of it. Orly is a brand I'd never actually heard of before until I found this product and it's very affordable. I've heard quite a few mixed reviews on this but I honestly do like it.

On the back of this product, it states that this should be used as a top coat over other Orly nail polishes. With this being said, I bought it and thought I'd try it over my OPI ones anyway. I have seen a few people saying that they've used this over other branded nail polishes, such as Essie, and it hasn't worked for them. I'm not sure why though, as I've used this over my OPI polishes and it's worked amazingly.

I've found this works great for me as a top coat. Only one coat of this leaves my nails with a gorgeous matte finish that looks like the polish itself was matte. I've only used this over OPI polishes but I've yet to use it when it hasn't worked. It not only helps the colour to last longer on my nails, but helps to prevent them from chipping as well which I think is great. Below is a picture of my nail polish applied before I used the matte top coat and I'm wearing the OPI shade Over The Taupe. I'm not a nail expert, so the polish isn't applied perfectly - sorry.



The picture below is my nails after the matte top coat has been applied. I've found that this looks great and I'm really happy with the way the finished product looks. I feel that it leaves my nails looking very professional and clean, and I really love how quick and easy it is to use. It dries very quick which is a massive plus to me, as we can all agree that waiting for your nails to dry can be such a pain.

I overall really like this product, and it always leaves my nails with a gorgeous matte finish - exactly what it's designed to do. I'm unsure if it works with other nail brands other than OPI as I've never tried, so I can't say how it would work for you if you tried to. I would recommend this product though if you're looking for an affordable matte top coat, especially if you use OPI.

Let me know if you've used this product and if it's worked well for you. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you all have a great day!

See you guys soon x

6 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks amazing! I've been loving the look of matte nails too! I feel like they lool more sophisticated haha.
    Do you have to wait till your nails are completely dry to apply the matte finishing nail polish? Or can you use it when they're still wet?
    I'm actually considering getting nyself one of these, your end results were amazing!

    Adanna|www.femaleinspo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wait until your nails are dry and then you apply it, or at least that's what I do haha! I really like this and think the end product looks great.

      Delete
  2. This works so well! Matte nails are gorgeous, love that this gives you the option to play around with keeping some shiny and some matte. Might look cool if you mixed both together or matte with patterns on! Might have to get some :) Fab post

    Sarah | scarletstate.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on a search for a good matte top coat and this might be it! Thanks for sharing :-)

    <3: Jasmin N
    littlethingswithjassy.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete