Monday 1 August 2016

July Favourites

How is it actually the end of July and the start of August already? It feels like just yesterday I was writing my June Favourites post. Quite a lot has happened to me over the course of the month. including getting myself a new job which has been very exciting for me. Over the month, I've been using a lot of makeup and bought myself quite a lot of new products, which my bank account hasn't exactly been loving but I have been. So here are all the things I've been loving over the month of July.

Makeup

ABH Brow Wiz in Dark Brown - If I'm honest, I'm a bit of an eyebrow novice and never use a lot of products on my eyebrows. I've used gels before but I've never liked the way my eyebrows look after, so decided to give Brow Wiz a little try as I get on best with pencils and crayons. It's not the cheapest product around and I've seen a lot of posts on High Street dupes for it, but I was willing to pay the price if it did the job well. I'm happy to say I've really enjoyed using this product. The brush side is great for shaping your brows, and the pencil side, which is actually more of a crayon, is perfect and easy to use for shading and filling in the gaps. It's made doing my brows so much easier and doesn't make too much of a fuss. It's definitely my go-to brow product at the moment.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Sydney - I feel like I've been going on about these lip creams for forever but I can't help it - I honestly love them. My favourite shade over the course of July was definitely Sydney. I was never much of a fan of lighter pink shades on my lips until I bought this, and it's definitely helped me change my mind. The conistency of these creams is just amazing and I love the way they feel on my lips. The colour of this shade is just beautiful and I've loved wearing it as part of my summer makeup looks.

Kiko Milano High Pigment Wet and Dry Eyeshadow in 37 - I featured this product in a haul post here and have been loving it ever since. This shade is a peachy colour that has shimmers of gold through it, and is very pigmented which I absolutely love. It's a shade that's very easy to wear and blends perfectly with other shadows. It lasts me all day which I'm so pleased with considering how affordable this product is. I'm definitely planning on picking up more of these High Pigment Wet and Dry Eyeshadows the next time I'm within 50 feet of a Kiko Milano store.

Sleek iDivine Eyeshadow Palette in A New Day - I featured this product in a haul post here and I've loved it ever since I bought it. I may not have had it the whole of July, but I've used it almost every day since I've had it, and it's fast becoming one of my favourites. For how affordable it is, the shades are so pigmented and honestly last me all day - and still look as good as when they were first applied. It's made me become a big fan of Sleek Makeup. and I'm looking into buying myself another palette soon.

Urban Decay Naked 2 24/7 Glide-On Double-Ended Eye Pencil - I'm such a massive fan of eye makeup, especially smokey eyes with a lot of liner. That's why I decided to pick up this eye pencil, as I really liked the idea of having two different shades in the one product. This liner contains the shades Perversion and Pistol which both look gorgeous. I like the texture of the pencils as they feel very creamy and soft, and are actually more like crayons than pencils. They have a slight glitter to them which I wasn't sure I'd like but I actually really enjoy, and I've been really loving wearing this product over the month of July.

Skincare

Lush Mask of Magnaminty Face and Body Mask - I've already gushed over my love for this product in a blog post here and I still love it just as much. It smells amazing, feels amazing, and leaves my skin feeling great after I use it. This mask is great for acne prone skin and for people who suffer badly from breakouts, which is a category I come under. It's left my skin looking and feeling much better and I've had very few breakouts since I started using it.

Random Favourites

Will and Grace - This TV show has been around for years but I'm currently rewatching it and forgot how much I love it. I own all the box sets and have been watching it all day every day - I'm a tad addicted to it right now. It's hilariously funny and is the perfect show to cheer me up when I need a laugh.

Macaroni and Cheese - This is a bit of a weird one, but I currently have such an obsession with Macaroni and Cheese. I absolutely love cheese but never ever used to like Macaroni until I tried the Batchelors version and I fell in love. I honestly eat so much of this it's ridiculous - but god it's good.

Let me know what your favourites this month were and make sure to link me your blog posts if you've wrote one. Also let me know if you've used any of the products I've mentioned and what your opinions on them are. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you all have a wonderful August!

See you guys soon x

6 comments:

  1. I love your favorites! I've been wanting to try Sleek and Kiko makeup for awhile now so I definitely will be picking some items up asap. I've also been wanting to try that mask for awhile and I didn't know it helped acne prone skin (which I definitely have) so another want added to the list! Great favorites xx

    xo, Kimberly
    www.lifeofkimberly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you! Deinitely give them a go, well worth a try for how affordable they are too 😘

      Delete
  2. Sleek palettes are my absolute favourites, I've got the palette storm and I love it, The shadows are just so creamy and pigmented! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the NYX soft lip cremes! Such a great consistency! Beth x

    www.ohsoaugust.com

    ReplyDelete