Saturday 11 June 2016

Free Product: Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner

Honestly, I'm not normally much of a magazine buyer. I feel that most of the fashion and makeup feautures in magazines are on the internet nowadays, and I'd rather read them online for free than paying for a magazine. I used to always buy them, but ended up buying more than I could read so gave up on that idea. But now, when I see a good magazine with a good free product, I find myself grabbing it before I can even think. When I was browsing throught the magazine aisle in my local supermarket recently, I noticed the July issue of InStyle had a free Eyeko skinny liquid eyeliner with it. Other copies had mascaras or brow boosters, but I love trying new liquid eyeliners so chose that one. Todays post will be my review on the liner as well as letting you know how you can get yourself 20% off of eyeko online. 

The magazine with the eyeliner only cost me £2.50, whereas buying the skinny liquid eyeliner alone costs you £12. This is such a massive saving, so if you're in the market for this liner I'd encourage you to buy the magazine, even if you aren't planning on reading it. 

I was really excited to try it out, as I love liquid eyeliners and had never tried Eyeko as a brand before. The packaging isn't very sturdy though, as mine was a bit ripped by the time I got it out of the magazine. The liner itself has a very skinny tip, as described, and comes in a pitch black colour. I really liked both these features as I find a skinny tip means you can be more precise and accurate, and I really like my eyeliners to be as dark as they can be. I found this liner so easy to apply and got my wings perfect each time without doing that annoying thing we all do - when ones different from the other so you have to even them out but they just end up looking weird and you have to start again. This was a massive thumbs up for me. The liner also isn't as runny or thick when you apply it as some of they other liquid liners I've used.

There are a few things I disliked about this liner though. It's stated as being long-lasting and smudge proof, but I didn't find this to be true. I found my wings smudged so easily and I ended up with black lines on my top eyelid. It didn't last very long either, and I found most of it had came off within a few hours of being applied. It does come out quite thinly, which I thought was a good thing to start with, but it ended up being the opposite - you could see my eyelid through the liner.

It's a moderate eyeliner all in all, and is definitely good value for money due to the fact it only costs you £2.50 to buy with the magazine. After using it for a week or so now, I think I've concluded that I won't be wearing it much in the future as it's just not for me and I much prefer the other liquid liners I own. I'm quite disappointed I don't enjoy it as much as I wanted to, but I would really like to try the other products Eyeko do.

Along with the eyeliner, the magazine comes with a code you can use for 20% off when buying eyeko products from eyeko.com. You can use the code EYEKO20 online to redeem this until the 30th of June, so get using this if you're planning on buying anything over there.

Let me know if you bought the July InStyle issue and what product you got with yours, or what your own opinion of this eyeliner is. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

See you guys soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment