Monday 13 June 2016

My Summer Essentials

Summer is just around the corner, and with the warmer weather comes a change in the products we use daily. I find myself wearing less face make up and needing to moisturise my body and face a lot more. For todays post, I thought I would go over the 5 things I find essential in my summer routine, both make up and skin care. These are the products I use mostly every day during summer, weather dependant of course, and I thought I should share them with all of you. I'm so excited for summer as it's my favourite time of the year and I love giving my skin a bit of a break. As I write this though, it couldn't be any further from summer with the dreary weather outside.

The first thing I find essential every summer is aloe vera body cream. I'm currently using the Aloe Body Butter from The Body Shop which has been working really well. I always use Aloe butter as it really helps moisturise your skin as well as being an absolute god send with any sunburn I have. I have also been suffering from really bad pealing skin just now and find this also thoroughly helps with that. Aloe butter is naturally hydrating, so works well when you apply it at night after a long day in the sun. I always feel that a lot of sun exposure can dry out my skin, even when I'm wearing my sun cream, so find this body butter really helpful. 

Something that is essential for everybody during summer is sun cream. I have the Nivea sun spray lotions in SPF 20, 30 and 50 which I alternate between depening on how strong the sun is. Making sure you're wearing sun cream when you're out in the sun is so important, no matter your age or skin type. I know that at some point in our life, we've though that wearing sun protection would stop us from getting a tan so you wouldn't want to wear it, but never really knew how dangerous this was. But nowadays, I think it's more known how important protectiong our skin from the sun is, so sun cream is definitely a summer essential for us all. 

Now I know I said I really enjoying not wearing any face makeup during summer, but sometimes you do find you want to wear a bit of foundation if you're going somewhere nice. That's why I find the Mac Studio Sculpt foundation essential during summer, as it has SPF 15 which gives your face some extra protection from the sun. I also find that this foundation has vey thin coverage and is very light on your face, so doesn't feel cakey - which I find the worst when it's warm. This is going to be the only foundation I'll be wearing when the weather gets better, so if you're looking for one that won't feel thick in the sun, definitely give this one a try. 

Now I love a good facial mist during the summer, and I'm currently using the Vitamin E hydrating mist from The Body Shop. I love using this when I've been out in the sun for a while and need something refreshing to cool me down. This one contains rosewater to boost hydration, which will also help if you're skins feeling a bit dry. I like to put these in the fridge on very hot days, so when you spray them, they're that extra bit cooler and refreshing on your face. I also sometimes spray this on my arms if I'm feeling very warm and sticky. This spray is for all skin types, so are also good to use if you have oily or combination skin. I love facial mists when the sun's out, and this Body Shop one is definitely my favourite right now.

As well as my skin getting quite dry and dehydrated in the sun, my lips can get the same. That's why something I find essential during summer is lip balm. My current one I'm using is the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula balm which I'm loving. Palmer's is a brand that have been out for so long and I love their products. This lip balm is so hydrating on my lips as well as feeling great and smelling so lovely. I always make sure I have this in my handbag or nearby when I'm out in the sun as I find myself constanly needing it, as my lips get very dry very easily. 

These are the 5 main things that I definitely won't be without this summer. Let me know if you have any essential items you can't be without when the sun's out or if you're using any of the items I've mentioned. I hope you've enjoyed reading my post and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

See you guys soon x

2 comments:

  1. I have The Body Shop products, aren't they just amazing? Love them <3

    With love,
    Alisha Valerie.xo

    Blog: http://alishavalerie.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @AlishaValerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so great, I love them right now 🤗

      Delete