Monday 30 May 2016

NYX Lip Haul

NYX is a brand that's been around for a while now, but a lot of people seem to be raving about it recently. This is mainly due to how affordable but high quality their products are.  I'd never tried NYX before as there isn't a counter near me and I'd never thought to buy any of their products online. Recently, a lot of people seem to be really enjoying their soft matte lip creams so I thought it was about time I tried the brand out. I decided to purchase two of the soft matte lip creams, and while browsing through their products, I decided to also purchase a butter gloss and a lip liner. I then decided to turn this into a lip haul as I love reading haul posts but I've never done one before. I'll give you a quick overview of each product and my first opinions on them. Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan -  I decided that I wanted to buy a lip cream in a pinky shade, as I don't own that many pink coloured lipsticks. That's why I decided to purchase Milan, as it was stated as being a mid-tone blue-toned pink. The shade is very pink- more that I thought it would be to be honest - and my first reaction was that I'd never wear it. It's a really gorgeous shade if you're a fan of pink lipsticks, but it's just a bit too bright for me. I feel like I'll end up trying to wear this over the coming months though, as it's a perfect shade for the summer.  This is definitely one to look for if you're wanting an affordable pink matte lipstick.Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes - When I was first looking through the shades, Cannes was the one that I really wanted.  It's stated as being a muted mauve shade, but actually has some brown undertones to it. It's still a pinky shade, but is darker than Milan so I feel like it's a pink colour I could wear and be able to pull off. I really like this colour as it's unlike any of the shades I already own. I do have to say, I really enjoy wearing the soft matte lip creams. They feel amazing on my lips and don't dry them out like some of the other matte lipsticks I own. They feel really creamy - as the name suggests - and the matte effect also looks gorgeous. I now understand what all the fuss was about surrounding these - they're definitely worth the buy. Butter Gloss in Creme Brûlée - I don't normally wear a lot of lip glosses so decided to try this one as it's so afforable. I really like the texture of this gloss as it's not too sticky on the lips and looks gorgeous over other lipsticks. I find that when I wear this, it feels like I'm not wearing anything at all which I love. Also, the shade of this one is gorgeous - it has a slight pink tone to it which looks perfect with other pinky toned lipsticks. This is definitely a great lipgloss if you're in the market for one - I'll definitely be using this a lot in the coming months. Lip Liner in Pink Cantaloupe -  I wanted to try out the NYX lip liners as I love liners but can be quite fussy about what ones I like and what ones I don't. I prefer the crayon ended liners compared to pencils, which is why I wanted to try this one out. I picked this shade as I don't have any light pink coloured ones - this one is a pinky peach shade. The colour is gorgeous but can flush me out slightly due to my pale skin. It's also stated as being waterproof which I'm excited to try out - I find a lot of my other liners don't last very long. I really like these liners, and am planning to purchase it in another shade very soon.Overall, I'm quite impressed with NYX as a brand considering I'd never tried it before.  The colours look slightly different in person to online, so I think the next time I plan on buying their products, I'll look for one of their drug store counters. I definitely recommend their lip products, and have also purchased their cream contour kit which I'm excited to try. I hope you've enjoyed reading my first ever haul post and I'm excited to hopefully post more in the future. Let me know if you've tried any of the products I've mentioned and what your opinions on them are. Thank you so much for reading my post, and I hope you all have a fab day!

See you guys soon x

4 comments:

  1. I still haven't tried anything from NYX, but all these shades look lovely! I'd be interested to know how you got on with the cream contour kit too!
    samantha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for it to finally come, I'll post a review on it to let you know xx

      Delete
  2. I purchased a few things from NYX after a counter just opened up in my store. But, I didn't get any of the Soft Matte Lip Creams:( Going shopping tomorrow so I might just get a few!

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally really like them, I'm defintely gonna look for a counter to get some more!

      Delete