Saturday 28 May 2016

Morphe 35D Palette: First Impressions

I absolutely love eyeshadows and had wanted to buy myself a Morphe palette for quite a while. The fact that they're so big, with 35 eyeshadows in the one palette, was a reason they had appealed to me so much and they're actually quite affordable. They also have such a variety of colours in the one pallete which I love. I had seen a lot of people really enjoying these so decided to finally buy one from Cult Beauty. Today I thought I would do a post on my first impressions of the palette, as I've never done a first impressions post before but really enjoy reading them. I'm really excited to finally try this and will post a review of it in the coming weeks.

Trying to decide which palette I wanted was actually really difficult. I'm not too fussy on shades, so it came down to what colours I already have a lot of and what ones would I want more of. I already own quite a lot of neutral shades so I decided to go for something different. I love smokey and dark eye makeup, so finally decided to go for the 35D palette as this contained a lot of darker shades, as well as some plum colours - which I actually dont own a lot of. 

I also decided to buy some of the Morphe brushes along with the palette as I wanted to find a new and affordable brush set. I went for the 6 piece deluxe contour set which contains an angled buffer, rounded buffer, pointed contour buffer, mini angled buffer, mini round buffer and a mini pointed contour. My first impressions of this set was how beautiful they were - they're a gorgeous white and silver colour with a purple ended brush. They look beautiful on my makeup table - I'm really excited to use these!

My first impressions of the palette when I recieved it was that the colours looked beautiful. It contains both matte and shimmering shades and has such a wide variety of colours for a variety of different looks. I also really like how sleek and simple the packaging is - it makes me feel like a makeup artist. It's also quite thin, so is easy to carry about with you.

Looking at the palette, I feel like I'll use the bottom two rows quite a lot, while the first three in the top row look like shades I'd use for my daily makeup.  I'm really excited to try the purple and blue shades as these are colours I don't wear as often. I already have so many combinations of shades in my head that I can't wait to try out. I feel like you could create dark, smokey eyes as well as summery/pinky looks. I'm also intrigued to see if I'll use the green shadows, as that's not a colour I've ever opted to use before.

This looks like a really beautiful palette that I'm so excited to try. I've never owned a palette with so many shadows in it, so I'm intrigued to see what ones I use - and also what ones I don't. I'll post a review of it in the coming weeks so keep your eyes peeled for that. Let me know if any of you guys have this palette and what your opinions of it are, or if you have another Morphe palette you think I should try. Thank you so much for reading this, I hope you all have a wonderful day!

See you guys soon x

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog and it's layout, it's really gorgeous! I have been wanting to try the Morphe 35O for a while but love this one! Is it worth it?��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think it's worth it as they're pretty affordable compared to other palettes. I'm going to hopefully buy another one soon X

      Delete