Wednesday 1 June 2016

My Makeup Removers

I know that for most people, including myself, removing your makeup isn't exactly the highlight of your day. I know we're all guilty of falling asleep still wearing a face full of makeup; I can sometimes forget if I've been out, and it can be a very mundane task to do. Taking off your makeup every night, even if you're barely wearing any, is very a important task. Sleeping in your makeup can cause wrinkles, clog your pores, and can also result in skin breakouts. That's why it's vital you find makeup removers that work for you and your skin type, as using the wrong kind can also end up damaging your skin. I have very dry skin so need to find products that help to hydrate my face. I've tried various brands and products, but have now finally found an eye makeup remover and cleansing water that I enjoy using and that have really helped my skin. This post is a quick overview of the makeup removers I use and my opinions on them.

I'm currently using the Fresh Eye Makeup Remover from Garnier to remove all my eye makeup. I've only recently started using it but absolutely love it already. It's enriched with apple extract which helps to dissolve the makeup while also keeping the area around your eye refreshed and soothed. What I really like about this product is that it doesn't leave a greasy feeling around your eye, which my No7 eye makeup remover did. I also suffer from sensitive skin in the area around my eyes, but this product has really helped that and doesn't cause me any redness or itchiness like other products I've tried. It also gets rid of my makeup so quickly, and I find it only takes a few swipes and I'm done. This is great, as I know most of us hate having to stand scrubbing our eyes for ages just waiting for it all to come off. Due to the fact it's enriched with apple extract, it also has a lovely smell to it which is a bonus for me. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who's in the market for a new eye makeup remover right now - it's also really affordable. 

I also use the No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water to remove the rest of my makeup. I picked this up as part of the 3-for-2 deal on No7 skincare quite a while back, but didn't expect much of it. That resulted in me being very pleasantly surprised with how much I loved it. I love the way it feels on my face as it's quite refreshing, and is also hypo-allergenic so is good for my sensitive skin. Not only does it remove your makeup and impurities, but tightens your pores and keeps your skin in an overall healthy condition. It's also quick to work, as I find all my makeups gone with one quick wipe. There's been a lot of people really enjoying other cleansing waters at the moment, especially Garniers Micellar Water, but I really love this No7 one. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a new makeup remover or cleansing water.

Makeup removers are products I often chop and change a lot, and never really seem to buy the same one twice, but now I feel like I've found ones I really enjoy. I'm always on the look out for ones that help with dry or sensitive skin, so if any of you have any recommendations then please let me know. Also, let me know what products you use to remove your makeup and how they work for you. Thank you so much for reading my post, and I hope you all have a lovely rest of your day!

See you guys soon x

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with the No 7 Micellar Water - I really enjoyed using it but I never stick to the same one twice either just in case I discover a better product 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always find myself picking up different ones, even if I find one I love 🙊

      Delete