Monday 23 May 2016

My Top 5 OPI Shades For Summer

I'm such a big fan of OPI nail polishes- I own well over 50 different shades and wear them religiously. I just find it to be such a reliable brand with good quality polish and they always have such a variety in the colours they sell. I honestly don't wear any other brand (oops). I know they can be quite pricey but they are definitely worth every penny, in my opinion. I thought I would do a post today on my favourite 5 shades for summer from my collection, which I feel like I'll be wearing as soon as the good weather kicks in. All the colours I've chosen are just regular shades,  as I'm not a fan of sparkly or glittery polishes as they're such a pain to try and get off. I'm also not the biggest fan of REALLY bright colours, so these ones seem to meet me half way.I also wanted to let you guys know that, as I'm posting this, it's my BIRTHDAY! WOO HOO!You're Such A Budapest - I do have to point out that a lot of the shades I've chosen are named after countries (lol). This shade is a light pastel purple colour that I feel is just perfect for the summer. It looks gorgeous with a tan and it also adds a bit of colour if you're wearing a white outfit. When worn it comes out quite thin, so a few coats of this is needed- I had to put on three coats to get the colour I wanted. Overall, it's such a beautiful light shade and just wearing it makes me feel so summery. 
Big Apple Red - Now I know that red isn't necessarily a summery shade- it's a colour I tend to wear all year round- but I think it still looks beautiful this time of year. I love a good red nail polish and this shade is definitely one of them. Red nails, in my opinion, just look so classy, and I tend to opt for this shade constantly during summer. Big Apple Red is the perfect choice for any of my fellow red nail lovers, and when applying this, I only needed to use one coat which I loved. I also find that this polish paired with a top coat can last days without chipping, which is a massive thumbs up for me.

Barefoot In Barcelona - Now I absolutely love this shade - it has to be one of my all time favourites from OPI. It's a pinky nude shade that I find goes with everything I wear. I know that this shade can look different on different skin types, but I absolutely love the way it looks on me. I also find that, the more coats I apply of this, the darker the colour goes. I normally apply one coat to give the light nude-y colour, but if you prefer a darker shade, you could apply two or three coats. Another perfect shade for summery days!

Can't Find My Czechbook - I absolutely love the name of this shade! This one is a lovely pastel blue colour that is just perfect for spring and summer time - it's the kind of shade I only really wear at this time of the year. It comes out beautifully onto your nails and only requires one coat as it's quite thick. It's a gorgeous colour for all ocassions and is another one that looks beautiful with a tan or paired with a white outfit. It's one of the only blue shades I seem to ever wear so this gets a massive thumbs up from me!

Just Lanai-ing Around - Now this shade is another one of my absolute favourites from OPI. This one is a beautiful mauve-y colour that definitely adds a bit of colour to your outfit. I love this sade of mauve, as I'm not much of a pastel/baby pink nail polish fan but always want to wear pink when it gets to summer time. To get to the colour I wanted, I only needed to apply two coats of this shade. This is a definite must for anyone who is like me and wants to wear colourful nail polishes without wearing ones that are too bright. One of my faves!

One thing I love about OPI is they're relatively quick nail polishes to dry. I had these painted and dried in less than 10 minutes!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post and it may help you choose the shades you'll be wearing this summer. If you guys are fans of OPI polishes like me, let me know any shades you're loving and any I should try out. Or, if any of you own these ones, let me know your opinions on them.

See you guys soon x



No comments:

Post a Comment