Saturday 21 May 2016

Kylie Jenner Lip Kit Review



When Kylie Jenner first released her lipkits, I was so desperate to try one. The hype around them was huge and I needed to see what all the fuss was about. I'm not her biggest fan to be honest, but the colours and swatches of the matte liquid lipsticks caused me to go into overdrive and desperately need one...or two. I am such a fan of matte lipsticks anyway, so they were just calling my name. I decided to buy Posie K and Dolce K as these where the coulours I thought looked the most wearable to me, but it was tough trying to decide which ones to purchase. They took a few weeks to come as I do live in Scotland and they're being shipped from America, so I wouldn't suggest buying these if you're in a rush for them. Kylie does know how to do packaging though, as they came in a beautiful lipkit inspired box with a cute little 'handwritten' note from Kylie herself. The packaging of the actual lipstick and liners themselves is beautiful too- I seriously love the lip design on the front. When I recieved these, I was so anxious to try them straight away... so I did.

I've had these for a few weeks now, so I can give you a full, rounded and honest review of one of the most hyped up lipsticks this year. 
Posie K - I chose Posie K as it's a dark magenta colour that just looked beautiful. I'm not normally a pink lipstick person, so I decided to challenge myself to wear this one. I have to say, the shade of this on my lips against my skin (which is very pale by the way) is just beautiful. It's not too dark so it would be perfect for summer, but its also dark enough that you could pair it with a smokey eye for a night out. I really like this shade compared to other pink lipsticks I've tried in the past, so I would really reccomend this for anyone who's loves a pink lippy. I have found though that I haven't wore this shade as much compared to Dolce K- I think I'm still a dark/nude shade lipstick lover at heart. But I feel, now that the better weather is creeping in, this shade might be appearing a bit more often.

Dolce K - This was the shade I wanted as soon as the lipkits were released. I love brown shades of lipstick, so this was a must for me. The shade of this lipstick on my lips is so beautiful- it's dark, but not so dark it makes my skin look ghostly white. It's also unlike any other brown shades I have which I love. The lip liner is also one of my favourites and I wear this constanly along with some of the other lipsticks I own. I find myself wearing this quite a lot as it can be worn so easily- a lot more than Posie K.

Overview - I have to say that these liners are so under appreciated. I love the texture of them and the staying power is ridiculously long- I find myself wearing the liners with other lipsticks I own quite frequently. They're a crayon style lip liner rather than a pencil which I've found I much prefer. They are both so easy to apply and it only takes one 'wand' full to cover my whole lips, and then drys in less than a minute. The shades are also both completely matte and look so aesthetically pleasing when they're dry. The staying power of these lipsticks are amazing- I find myself going the whole day without any of it coming off or smudging. The only downside is that this means at the end of the day, you find yourself scrubbing your lips to get it off. I have to say that I do find these lipsticks can be quite drying on my lips, which can be really irritating. I find myself licking my lips just to give them some moisture when I wear them. It is only after I've recently applied them though, and after a while, I forget I'm even wearing lipstick. Another thing about these lipkits is the price- they can be quite expensive. This is one of the main reasons I bought two at once and haven't repurchased, as the shipping fee is extremely high. I wouldn't recommend buying these if you're on a budget. 

Overall, I really like these lipsticks- the shades are gorgeous and stay on all day. For someone who doesn't wear liquid lipsticks a lot, I really like these ones. I just really have to moisturize my lips when I wear them.

Leave a comment if you've tried out the lipkits and let me know your opinion on them. And also what shades you love!

See you guys soon xx


No comments:

Post a Comment