Wednesday 25 May 2016

My Daily Haircare Routine



Recently, I've found haircare to be a really important factor of my daily routine. I have relatively thin hair, so I tend to use products that give my hair thickness and volume. I've changed my hair routine quite a lot in the past few months but I feel I've finally found products that I really enjoy using. I thought my blog post today could be an overview of what I use in my daily haircare rountine and how I find using them. These won't be for everyone, but I've found that they've really been working for me and I just had to share them with you guys.

John Freida Luxurious Volume Touchably Full Shampoo for colour-treated hair - I had never used John Frieda hair products before until I found this shampoo and thought I'd give it a try. I have colour-treated hair myself so I always purchase shampoos that help to lock in the colour. I found that I saw a massive difference in my hair after using this shampoo for less than a week which I was thouroughly impressed with. It gives me volume and shape, and always leaves my hair looking shiny. It has also helped me with my dyed hair, and I find that my highlights have lasted much longer since I started using it.

John Frieda Luxurious Volume Touchably Full Conditioner - When I picked up the John Frieda shampoo, I decided to buy the conditioner with it. I condition my hair every second time I wash it and find this conditioner lasts me ages. This also adds volume and shape to my hair, along with the shampoo, and I find it has made a really big difference to my hair. I also find that it makes my hair feel very soft, which makes it easy to blow dry and brush through after I've washed it.

VO5 Heat Protect Styling Spray - After I've washed my hair, I spray some of this styling spray onto it before I blow dry it. This helps to protect my hair from the heated appliances I use and also gives my hair a shiny-looking finish. It also smells amazing! Just a few sprays of this brushed through your whole hair can make such a difference. I find this product works really well for me and helps to limit the damage my straighteners do to my hair - I've noticed a reduction in dead ends now.

John Frieda Luxurious Volume Blow Dry Lotion - I spray a few spritz of this blow dry lotion onto the roots of my hair before I blow dry it to give myself a little bit of extra volume. It says on the bottle it's for fine hair, so you may not need this if you already have thick hair, but I certainly do. I find this stuff to be amazing and it always leaves my hair big and bouncy when I dry it. I'm almost finished the little bottle I have of this so I'll definitely be repurchasing a bigger bottle very soon.

I use my Revlon hair dryer to blow dry my hair, and then use a couple of sprays of hairspray to hold in the volume - the current hairspray I'm using is the VO5 extra hold weather resistant hairspray. I really like this and find it's holds my hair really well considering my hair is so thin. It's also a great hairspray to use to hold in up-do's or curls.

Also, for the days my hair is looking a bit lifeless or dull, I use the Batiste original dry shampoo. I don't use this very often as I find it leaves my scalp quite dry, but it works wonders on my hair when I do. Just a few sprays of this into the roots of your hair, massaged through with your fingers and then brushed through your hair can leave your hair looking that bit fresher when you really need it to.

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this. Let me know if you use any of the products I've mentioned or if you have any suggestions on haircare products that can help me out with my thin hair.


See you guys soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment