Thursday 26 May 2016

Makeup Clear-out and Storage


Recently, I've purchased quite a lot of new makeup and beauty products and have found my makeup table has gotten pretty cluttered. I'm such a hoarder and find that I never throw out my used products as I just can't seem to part with them. Since it was my birthday on Monday, I also recieved quite a few bits and pieces from friends and family and realised it was finally time for a clearout. So I decided to set aside a few hours to sort through what I needed and what I didn't, and also went out and purchased some new storage items. I keep all the products I use daily on my makeup table and everything else is put into seperate drawers, but today's post I'll just show you all the products I have on the table.

Clearing out all my used or unwanted products was really hard - I felt like I couldn't get rid of some things, even when I never use them anymore. I realised how many empties I actually had in my collection, so I've put some aside for a possible product empties post in the near future. I also realised I had a ridiculous amount of lipsticks I never wear, and some I'd even forgotten about - I'm really bad for losing things at the bottom of the drawer for it never to be seen again (or at least until I do a clear out). I had a lot of finished lip balms and old makeup brushes to throw out, and got rid of a lot of packaging - I seem to love keeping my products in their original package, even when they get tatty and dirty (especially palettes). Even though I may have found it hard at first, it was such a relief getting rid of all the crap I don't need anymore - I ended up filling two carrier bags full of rubbish.

Regarding storage, I never really had much on my table itself - I just had my makeup bag and everything else was layed out on the table. I had always said I should go buy nice storage items to put everything in, but never really had the energy to. That was until I took a trip to IKEA and found some cute boxes (shown above) that matched the colour of the table. I actually found them in the bathroom section - the one I use for my brushes is designed to be a toothbrush holder. I didn't care though, as I thought they looked like really good quality and had enough volume to hold everything I needed. The one I'm using for the brushes is the DRAGAN toothbrush holder which only costs £4. The other boxes come in a set of three - one large box with two smaller boxes - and it's the DRAGAN 3 box set which costs £13.

I decided to use one of the smaller boxes to store some of my hair items - bobbles/hair ties, bobby pins and my foam rollers. I find that these go missing so easily or I find them scattered around my bedroom, so hopefully keeping them all in one box will help me out (emphasis on hopefully). I've used the other small box and the larger one to keep all the makeup I use daily so it's easier for me to use and find them when I'm getting ready. The dimensions of these boxes make my foundations and palettes, and all my other products, fit perfectly into them - I love it.

I find that I feel more productive when I see my makeup table looking more organised, and I hope I can keep it this way. Let me know what you guys use for storage on your makeup tables and if you have any tips for me on keeping mine organised. Thank you for reading this and I hope you all have a lovely day!


See you guys soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment