Thursday 19 May 2016

My Current Favourites

I've been wanting to set up my own beauty blog for such a long time, but lacked the confidence to do so... that is, until now. I'm so excited to start sharing my reviews, tips and general chatter on some of the products I've been using and loving, or not so much. I'll also share any life lessons I learn along the way and any advice I can give on anxiety or starting university (of which I have quite a lot). I'm really excited to live and learn through this blog and I *hope* some of you will want to read what I have to say.

I thought my first ever post on my blog should be a current favourites post, so anyone reading this can learn a bit about me and the products and random things I'm loving right now. I do have to admit- I am a big Urban Decay and MAC fan, so you may find a lot of my posts involving their products (sorry). I love to try out new products, but there are also many things I pick up time and time again and can't seem to shift from, no matter how much I try. I do try to change up my daily make-up routine as often as I can, but I have relatively dry skin so have to be careful the products I use won't make this any worse.

Make-up

Seventeen High Drama Intense Liquid Eyeliner - I've been using this eyeliner for years now and I can't seem to find any other liquid eyeliner that works as well for me as this one. It's so affordable and easy to find, as there's a Seventeen counter in most Boots shops. I find it so easy to apply and it's very dark, so if you're like me and require your eyeliner to be jet black, this is definitely worth a try. It states that it lasts for up to 25 hours, and I find that, paired with my setting spray (which I'll come to soon), this does last for the whole day (I've never wore it for 25 hours straight though).

MAC Pro Longwear Foundation (NW15) - I was never a MAC foundation person until just recently. During a shopping trip to the MAC in House Of Fraser, I thought I would try them out, so picked up three different types of foundation. After trying them all out, I've found that the Pro Longwear foundation works best for me. I am quite pale, so I use shade NW15 which suits me perfectly, and I really enjoy the coverage this foundation provides. I've been wearing this most days since I purchased it and I really like the way in makes my skin look. As I said before, I have relatively dry skin, but I feel this hides this perfectly.

MAC matte Lipstick in Smoked Purple - I am a big fan of both matte shades and darker colours of lipstick, so I feel this shade was made for me. I love MAC lipsticks and find myself picking up a new shade every time I'm in, and I've owned Smoked Purple for quite a while now. I find myself wearing this constant, either as a statement lip when I go out, or toned down with a lighter shade for day to day life. I love the way it feels on my lip as it's not drying, and the shade looks beautiful - it does wear a lot darker than it looks though.

Urban Decay de-slick Makeup Setting Spray - I do have to say that this product has been a god send for me. I always found that if I put my makeup on in the morning, it would all have came off by 3 o'clock - but that has definitely changed. A couple of sprays of this over my makeup has genuinely helped it stay on all day - even through a long flight and a good crying session. It might be a bit pricier than some other setting sprays for the full bottle- I have the travel size one for travelling (duh) - but it's definitely worth the price!

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara - I only started wearing this mascara recently, but I already love it. It's the darkest mascara I've used which I love and it also gives length and volume without leaving your eylashes clumped together (which I know has happened at some point to all of us). It also doesn't lose it's effect, which I've found mascaras I've used in the past have done. My lashes still look as good today as the first day I tried this, even with me wearing this almost every day.

Skin Care

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream - I have to be very careful with skincare due to having such dry skin, so I decided to try this face cream after a lovely lady in Kiehl's helped me pick it out. It's very hydrating which is perfect for me and for anyone who suffers from dry skin, and I always find my skin to feel so much better after I use it. It's especially good for those cold days we experience in the UK so very often. I love this face cream and use it every day without fail- and have to say, I have seen a big difference in my skin since I started using it.

Random Favourites

Ariana Grande - As I'm writing this, Ariana's new album Dangerous Woman is due out tomorrow, and I do have to say, I love it so far. She has always been one of my favourites and is just amazing live (I seen her on her Honeymoon tour last year), so I have been patiently waiting for her third album to be released for a while now. All the songs I've heard from it so far have been amazing (Into You is my fave right now) and I'm so excited for it to be finally released.

Dance Moms - I do have to admit, Dance Moms is one of my guilty pleasures. I absolutely love this show- all the bickering, arguing and crying makes it hilarious while I am genuinely interested in dancing and the routines the girls perform every week. The main stars of the show, Maddie and Mackenzie, left the show recently, which I think will make the show completely different- but that won't stop me watching it.

Thank you for reading my first ever blog post, which I'm both very excited and nervous about. I hope you enjoyed it, and will come back to hear more of my reviews and general chit chat!


See you guys soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment