Monday 8 August 2016

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks

I'm totally in love with liquid lipsticks right now, and had wanted to buy one from Jeffree Star Cosmetics for quite a while. Every time I'd go to buy one though, my favourites were all sold out. That's why, when he released two new shades, Rose Matter and Mannequin, I just knew I had to buy them. I've really been loving these lipsticks recently, especially Mannequin, and my love for liquid lipsticks stays strong.

One thing I have to say about these is that buying them in the UK can be quite tricky. Actually buying them doesn't cost too much compared to other brands, but there's a customs charge when shipping them over that I didn't know about. This made buying them a bit more pricier than I really wanted them to be which was quite annoying. It's also what's stopping me for repurchasing more products from Jeffree Star, and would only do it if I was purchasing a larger order. One massive positive though is the fact that these products are 100% vegan and cruelty free. That's something that I really love and wish all companies would follow suit.

 Rose Matter - If you read my blog, you'll know I've been trying out pink lipsticks quite a lot recently. I never used to like them as I always thought they were to bright for me, but just now I'm actually really loving them. That's why I was really excited by the look of this coraly pink shade. This colour looks absolutely gorgeous when it's applied, and definitely doesn't look too bright - it's actually quite neutral. It's nothing like any of the other pink shades I own as most of them are baby and light pink and this one's much darker. The consistency of these lipsticks is one of the best I've ever tried. They don't feel drying at all when applied and actually feel very smooth on your lips. The matte look it leaves looks amazing and is very long lasting - I find it looks just as good at the end of the day as it did when it was first applied. I really love this lipstick right now and am really happy that I bought it.

Mannequin - When I first saw this shade, I just knew I had to buy it. Nude and brown lipsticks are my favourite shades, and this dark nude colour is absolutely gorgeous. It looks beautiful when applied and I've been wearing this constantly since I bought this. The consistency of this lipstick is just as great as Rose Matter and I feel as if I have nothing on my lips when I'm wearing it. The fact these are non-drying is one of my favourite things about them, as that's always a turn off for me in liquid lipsticks. If you're in the market for a Jeffree Star lipstick, I'd definitely reccomend this shade as it's absolutely amazing. I feel like it's became my staple lipstick and is definitely my favourite nude of the moment.

I've really been liking both of these lipsticks and I'm really happy I finally tried them out. The shades are both absolutely gorgeous and their consistency is one of the best I've ever tried. The fact they require a customs fee when buying them from the Jeffree Star website is the main thing putting me off repurchasing, so if I was to repurchase, I'd only do it if I had quite a large order.

Let me know if you've tried out any of the Jeffree Star velour liquid lipsticks and what shades you've been loving. Also let me know if you've tried Rose Matter or Mannequin and what your opinions on them are. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you all have a great day!

See you guys soon x

4 comments:

  1. Rose matter looks like such a pretty shade!!


    Laura x
    www.laurahadley.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the nude shade best but the pink is nice too

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink looks so lovely - still quite a nude shade so it's nice and subtle. A friend of mine is really into Jeffree Star lipsticks and she tends to buy from Beautylish and Cocktail Cosmetics so perhaps they're worth checking out to try and avoid customs tax (I'm not 100% sure though)!

    Paris x
    http://lifeinflorals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll need to try that - the customs charge really annoyed me. Thanks for the help!

      Delete