Monday 27 June 2016

High Street vs High End: Highlighters

Rimmel London Good To Glow Highlighter - £4.99 
Benefit High Beam Highlighter - £19.50

Who doesn't love a good highlighter? I'm certainly a massive fan of a good glow, but finding one that works well for you can be tricky. I'm the kind of person that thinks the more shimmery the better, while I know other people prefer a more subtle highlight. Today's post is another high street vs high end post which this time is on - you guessed it - highlighters. I'll be comparing Benefits High Beam highlighter to Rimmel Londons Good To Glow, and will come to a decision on what one is my favourite.

High Street - I decided to pick up Rimmel London's Good To Glow highlighter during a trip to my local Boots, as I had been on the lookout for a more affordable highlighter and thought I'd give this a try. I bought mine in the lightest shade - Notting Hill Glow. I found this shade to be a lot lighter than I  originally thought, so I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with medium to dark skin. This is really lightweight and has a great texture, and is easy to apply, although not as easily as High Beam. It blends relatively easily but not as easily as I would've liked. It does give a really nice glow, and I don't apply a lot of this to get the effect I like. I find it to be very shimmery - almost glittery - so wouldn't recommend this for anyone looking for something that's subtle, although I enjoy it. This highlighter is very good value for money at only £4.99, which I think is an absolute bargain. I really like this highlighter considering how much it costs, but wouldn't consider this to be my favourite highlighter or one that I'd use daily.

High End - Benefit's High Beam was actually the first highlighter I ever tried, after I recieved it in a gift set for Christmas. It's been my daily highlighter for quite a while now and I've been absolutely loving it. The first thing I love about it is the applicator. It already comes with it's own brush which makes it so easy to apply. It's also so easy to blend and leaves your face absolutely glowing, and feels very lightweight. When I use this, I apply quite a lot but yet don't find that it looks too much. I've found that, as much as I love using powder highlighters, I find liquid and cream ones so much easier to use - I'm a bit of a makeup novice. High Beam is very easy to use and is the perfect highlighter for not only makeup novices like myself, but makeup professionals. I really enjoy using this and love the glow it gives me, as, if only a small amount is applied, it can look very natural. I use this almost every day and really enjoy it, but am on the lookout for a good powder highlighter.

I do really like both of these highlighters but out of the two, High Beam is definitely my favourite. I feel like it's much better quality and gives me a glow I absolutely love. It may cost a bit more but it's money well spent in my opinion, and it's a product I constantly repurchase. The Good To Glow highlighter is definitely more afforable and definitely a steal if you're on the look out for a cheaper highlighter though.

Let me know if you've tried either of these highlighters and what your opinions on them are. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

See you guys soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment