Wednesday 22 June 2016

Brush Egg Makeup Brush Cleaners

One thing I absolutely hate doing is washing my makeup brushes. I normally wash mines every week, even when I may have only used them once or twice that week. The thought of the build up of bacteria on them really freaks me out, so I wash them as often as I can. It's a task we all have to face, but don't really enjoy. I had always washed mines against the back of my hand until I found Brush Eggs. They are small silicone eggs that you can place over your fingers so you can wash your brushes against them instead of your hand. I was really excited to try them out and see if they really worked.

I bought two from Amazon and they were actually really affordable. I've seen other people buying other products to use for washing their brushes that cost a bit more, so I thought I'd try out the Brush Eggs first before moving on to more expensive products. I do have to say how cute these things look, and I love the idea of them. They fit well over my fingers, but I have relatively small hands so I'm not sure how well they would fit on someone with larger hands.

To try them out, I'm using my deluxe contour brush set from Morphe. I've used these brushes quite a lot in the past week, so they're pretty dirty right now.



To wash my brushes, I normally just use hand soap. To wash these, I ran the hot water, added a pump of soap and then lathered it up on the Brush Egg. I normally start with my larger brushes first as they take longer and usually need to be washed a few times before they're clean. I've especially found the larger Morphe brushes to be quite hard to clean, so always start with them.



I found that the Brush Egg had quite a small surface area to wash the larger brushes, while it was large enough for the smaller ones. This meant it took me quite a while to get some of the bigger brushes completely cleaned. It was quite annoying, but something I could probably put up with. Another issue I had was that it kept sliding off of my fingers. The water and soap mixture caused my hand to get wet, and I ended up having to hold the egg on my fingers with the rest of my hand. This is something I did find quite annoying, but it could be down to the fact I do have such small hands, I'm not sure. I also found the eggs themselves stained quite easily with the makeup from the brushes. I had to scrub them clean after I used them which was quite inconvenient - I'm lazy and had already used up all my energy cleaning the brushes.



I do have to say that they did serve their purpose though - they cleaned my brushes well and it was much easier to use them than the back of my hand. The surface of the eggs worked well to remove the makeup, and it was much quicker and easier than before. I overall thought that the Brush Eggs were alright to use - not anything special but not terrible. For the price of them, I'm happy with how they worked. I think I will consider purchasing a more expensive and higher quality product to use to clean my brushes that has a larger surface area in the future though. 

Let me know if you've tried the Brush Eggs before, or if you have a better product you use that I might like. Thank you so much for reading my post and I hope you all have a great day!

See you guys soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment