Saturday 4 June 2016

OPI 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' Collection

L-R: Oh My Majesty, I'm Gown For Anything, The I's Have It, Mad For Madness Sake, Fearlessly Alice, Having A Big Head Day, What's The Hatter With You?
If you've read my blog before, you'll know I'm such a big fan of OPI nail polishes. My last post on OPI has actually been my most read blog post so far (link). I recently went out and purchased 7 of the new polishes from their 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' collection, as they looked absolutely beautiful and I really wanted to try them. I've heard a lot of people have been really loving these lately, and I have to say, I understand why. This post will be a quick run through of the shades and what my opinions on them are. I first of all have the say though, that I absolutely love the names of all the shades with their Alice theme. OPI never fail with their names.
Oh My Majesty - This shade is absolutely beautiful. It's a white colour with a shimmer to it which looks slighly pink in the light. It layers quite thin, so I needed a few coats of this before I stopped, but you could use just one coat for a more transparent look. I'm not normally a fan of shimmery nail polishes, but I really like this one.

I'm Gown For Anything - Now this shade is my absolute favourite out of the whole collection. It's a light lilac colour that looks absolutely gorgeous and will also be a great shade for summer. If you apply a thick enough first coat, that would be all you'd need as it applies quick thick and is very opaque. Definitely a shade I'll be loving in the next few months.

The I's Have It - This shade is a beautiful light/baby blue colour which I'm really liking. I already have a few pale blue shades of OPI polishes, but this one is a more powder-blue colour when applied. I needed to use two coats of this, but three on some other nails, as it applies quite thinly. I really like this shade, but have heard quite a few people disliking it, so I think this one comes down to personal opinion.

Mad For Madness Sake - Now I have to say, this is the first shade I tried from the collection when I purchased it. I loved the look of it, but was nervous as I'm not the biggest fan of bright pink/fuchsia colours. After trying it, I was definitely converted. I only required one layer of this which I loved and the colour is just stunning. This is a definite must have polish for any OPI fans.

Fearlessly Alice - Another beautiful blue colour from the collection, but slighly darker than the first. This shade looks beautiful and only required two coats for maximum opacity. As much as I love the colour, it's not a shade I can see myself wearing very often and I can't see myself grabbing it over the other shades in the collection. Saying this though, it's still a beautiful colour to add to my existing collection.

Having A Big Head Day - Now if you've read my last OPI polish blog post, you'll know I'm a massive fan of reds. This shade is a beautiful red colour that only required me to apply two coats. Unfortunately though, I found nothing really special about it compared to my other red OPI polishes - if anything, I find it to be a very similar shade to Big Apple Red. It also slightly stained my nails which I'm not too pleased about. Not my favourite in the collection.

What's The Hatter With You? - This dark purple colour is one of my favourites from this collection. It only required two coats for full opacity and applies so easily and evenly which I absolutely loved. I am such a fan of darker shades of OPI polishes and can tell I'll be wearing this colour all year round.

Overall, I think the collection is really beautiful. It's quite a mix of shades, so there will be something in it for everybody. My favourites are definitely I'm Gown For Anything, Mad For Madness Sake and What's The Hatter With You? Let me know if you've purchased any shades from the collection and what your opinions on it are. Thank you so much for reading my post, and have a lovely day!

See you guys soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment